A BELIEVER'S CONFESSION
- 1. There is one God, who is infinitely perfect, existing eternally in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- 2. Jesus Christ is true God and true man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died upon the cross, the Just for the unjust, as a substitutional sacrifice, and all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. He arose from the dead according to the Scriptures. He is now at the right hand of the Majesty on high as our great High Priest. He will come again to establish His Kingdom of righteousness and peace.
- 3. The Holy spirit is a divine person, sent to indwell, guide, teach and empower the believer and to convince the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment.
- 4. The Old and New Testaments, inerrant as originally given, were verbally inspired by God and are a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men. They constitute the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice.
- 5. Man was originally created in the image and likeness of God. He fell through disobedience, incurring thereby both physical and spiritual death. All human beings are born with a sinful nature, are separated from the love of God and can be saved only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ. The prospect of the impenitent and unbelieving person is existence forever in conscious torment, and that of the believer in Christ is everlasting joy and bliss.
- 6. Salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all people, and those who repent and believe in Him are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life and become the children of God.
- 7. It is the will of God that each believer should receive the Holy Spirit and be sanctified wholly, being separated from sin and the world and fully dedicated to the will of God, thereby receiving power for holy living and effective service. This is both a crisis and a progressive experience wrought in the life of the believer subsequent to conversion.
- 8. Provision is made in the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ for the healing of the mortal body. Prayer for the sick and anointing with oil are taught in the Scriptures and are privileges for the Church in this present age.
- 9. The church consists of all those who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, are redeemed through His blood and are born again of the Holy Spirit. Christ is the Head of the Body, the Church, which has been commissioned by Him to go into all the world as a witness, preaching the gospel to all nations.
- 10. The local church is a body of believers in Christ who are joined together for the worship of God, edification through the Word of God, prayer, fellowship, the proclamation of the gospel and observance of the ordinances of baptism and the Lord's Supper.
- 11. There shall be a bodily resurrection of the just before the millennium begins and of the millennial just and all unjust after the millennium ends. For the premillennial just, a resurrection unto life; for the postmillennial just and unjust, a resurrection unto judgment.
- 12. The Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is imminent. This is the believer's hope and is a vital truth that is an incentive to holy living and faithful service.
Tell your friends about us and thank you for visiting Cephas Ministry Inc. (www.cephasministry.com)